We’re Here to Serve You
On behalf of our 125 member staff team, I invite you to visit Suncrest Gardens and see the ways we’ve been “Bringing life and beauty to gardens and homes in Northeast Ohio since 1976.” Our three distinct groups are each committed to excellence in their respective areas. I am proud of this company, proud of our accomplishments and eager to discover how we may be of service to you.
We look forward to working with you!
Ric Haury, CLP
Founder and President, Suncrest Gardens
Our Management Team
(Pictured Left to Right)
Jeff Conn – Landscape Development Director of Operations
Rob Cowie – Garden Center Director of Operations
Rob Gray – Landscape Management Director of Operations
Ric Haury – President
Kolin Atkinson – Systems Director
Ashley Goff – HR Coordinator
Jodi Bebout – Business Manager
What Our Customers Are Saying
We value our customers and do everything in our power to deliver a great experience at Suncrest Gardens. Here’s a look at what people are saying about those experiences.
We are thrilled with the services we received from Suncrest. Cathy Serafin designed new landscaping for our home and your crews did the take out, hard scape, and landscape. We have referred you to our friends who are now eager to work with Cathy once they saw our new landscape. Thank you for providing wonderful services with great people!
Sharon Irwin and John Akamatsu
I recently visited your garden center and purchased Fall decorations for my home. Suncrest Gardens is an inviting facility and your staff are very pleasant and helpful. I also live in a condo association and your landscape management department does an excellent job at maintaining our grounds. Suncrest Gardens appreciation for the customer is reflected in how your facility is maintained and managed.
We recently had some yard work done by your Fred and his attendant. They weeded, trimmed and edged our front beds and then mulched. I would be remiss if I did not let you know how pleased we were with their efforts and the final results. They worked through the rain and not once complained. I must say you rank high on the list for providing above-average customer service.
I would like to compliment the installers of our Colorado Blue Spruce tree. In short, Dennis and Adam did a superb job of planting the tree. We appreciated their earlier same-day phone call to confirm the installation time. They were on time and were patient while my wife and I took some extra time to determine the orientation of the tree. We were also pleased with the quality of the three yards of topsoil that was delivered at the same time of the installation.
Ray and Jana Crawford
That’s the only word that comes to mind when describing the work of Suncrest’s John, Eric & David yesterday. They turned our embarrassing driveway into an attractive area we can be proud of. As for the many “little” items we needed to be done… they understood exactly what we wanted and delivered above and beyond our expectations!
Thank you, Suncrest for such hard-working, likable, and professional workers.
Lynn Hayes & Jim Rupert
Awards & Associations
We are proud to present our industry awards and the associations that we’ve had the pleasure of being involved with over the years.
- 2022 Trees.com – Best Tree Nursery in Cleveland, OH
- 2020 Akron Beacon Journal’s “Beacon’s Best” Finalist: Best Garden Center/Nursery
- 2018 AkronLife’s “Best of the City”: Best Landscape Company
- 2011 OLA Landscape Ohio Award: Landscape Maintenance
- 2010 OLA Landscape Ohio Award: Residential Installation Honor Award; private residence
- 2010 OLA Landscape Ohio Award: Residential Installation Merit Award; private residence
- 2010 OLA Landscape Ohio Award: Water Feature Merit Award; private residence
- 2009 Akron Beacon Journal’s “Beacon’s Best”: Best Garden Center / Nursery
- 2009 Chosen to be on the Garden Centers of America Holiday Tour
- 2008 Akron Contractor Award: Project Evergreen; 1st Place Commercial Project
- 2008 OLA Landscape Ohio Award: Commercial Installation Honor Award; The Serenity Garden at Summa Health Systems in Akron/
- 2008 OLA Landscape Ohio Award: Garden Structures/Pavements Merit Award; a private residence in Broadview Heights
- 2008 Today’s Garden Center Magazine, October: one of the Top 100 Revolutionary Garden Centers
- 2005 & 2007 Akron Beacon Journal’s “Beacon’s Best”: Garden Center / Nursery
- 2004 OLA Landscape Ohio Award: Best Use of Color, Landscape Enhancement Awards Program, Summa Health Systems, Akron City Hospital
- Keep Akron Beautiful: Beautification Watch Award